Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wine-o

I felt like having a glass of wine for dinner...er, I mean WITH dinner :-) I have a lot of wine...too much for someone who only likes wine when dining out.

I had this bottle of Riesling chilling in the fridge. It was a wonderful choice! Columbia Winery is great. I try to only buy local. I saw a Willamette Valley Riesling at Albertson's today, but it was $24. This was only $10.

I met with a dear friend from Tennessee last night and she was telling me about her friend's ambition during the last deployment: to find the cheapest, best tasting wine possible. This might be close. I'm still a fan of the Arbor Mist, but I think I need to refine my taste just a bit.




1 comment:

Blake and Hollie said...

While living in Italy I aquired quite the taste for some good wine. My favorite is Pinot Giorgio. You can buy it here for $12.00 (exchange). I have no idea how much it would be at a regular grocery store. I think I have seen it for $20.00. Here's the kicker...it Italy it is only $3.00. It is so nice. I can pretty much only drink white wine now because the red gives me a migraine....too bad. Remember that blackberry wine from TN? That was really good too! I still remember going to that winery because when me and Dad were waiting to checkout I looked and Malachi (2y/o) was using the corkscrew opener as a mascara brush (pretending). I was so embarassed. It was the portable one so he was pumping it in the little tube like you do your mascara and then pretending to apply it to his lashes, he kept repeating that sequence. I think he drank a little wine or something (J/K).