Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Shack

Okay, I'm reading this book. I read what Nyla had written about it, so of course when I saw it at Target, I decided to give it a read. I'm enjoying the read so far, but it's peculiar. I don't really know what to make of it. My mother in law is going to read it after me. Everyone I've spoken to has heard about the book, but no one has read it through.

4 comments:

Nyla said...

I wonder why no one has read it through. I stopped at chapter 16 I think...I just couldn't take it anymore...I actually stopped after chapter 6...but my husband really wanted me to finish it...and I am going to go to book club...but I can't stand the book now...too much half truths for me. My hubby says I am crazy because it is FICTION and never claims to be bibical. I just feel it gives people the wrong idea about christianity. Okay, I am stepping off my soap box now!

Blake and Hollie said...

Nyla, did your husband read it? Just curious? Rebecca, you read books SO fast. It would take me FORVER to read a book. This book really has me curious now, but I am just not a huge reader. I did order a book from Amazon. I will post "What I am reading" on my blog when I get it :)

Rebecca said...

Yeah! Hollie is going to read a book. I read way too much sometimes when I should be studying or something. My goal is to finish a book every Sunday. I haven't gotten into anything really Biblical yet with The Shack. But I'm "armed" with my Bible just in case.

Nyla said...

I can't wait to get your ideas on the Shack!

Yes, Hollie, Tom read the book. We both enjoy reading. Although since school has started it is taking me forever to get any reading done. I still am only on the first chapter of Dark Angels.

Oh, and I did go ahead and finish the Shack today.