Monday, June 16, 2008

$4.05

I never thought I would say that gas was a bargain at $4.05/gallon. When I told Greg he was impressed at my zeal for finding low gas prices. It was at the Lacey Costco. I waited about 20 minutes - give or take.
Here were some observations:

My gas tank is on the right side of the X-terra. This means I get in the line for people who have the tanks on the right. Seems logical, right? Every single car in front of me has their tank on the left. Blimey! So they are tugging and pulling on this hose that they stretch to the absolute length the Dept of Ecology allows. The guy in front of me didn't pull up close enough, so he had to get back in his car and maneuver it closer.

If I wasn't running on fumes, I would have gunned it and just pushed him out of the way. THEN, he finishes filling up his car. Much to my delight (NOT!), he pulled out 4 gas cans and then filled them up. I couldn't get around him to pull up to the now vacant pump, so I just sit.

This is just one angle of the lineup at Costco. It looks like pictures I have seen during the 70's energy crisis. Minus the bad music, bad clothes, and bad politics.

3 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

ALAS....THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! Finally a blog. I am so thankful that our gas is still $3.85 and I only fill up every 3-4 weeks. I am taking full advantage of spending $50.00 on gas per month. :chesse:
BTW I would have kicked that guy in the throat!

Nyla said...

Gas in CA is at 4.79. I too, get my gas at Costco...it is 4.71 there! It cost me 73 bucks last week to fill up my minivan!
Our Costco has these pumps that you can pull the handle all the way around to the other side of your car...so you can pull up at any pump no matter which side your gas tank is on. Sounds like they need to get those where you are!

Unknown said...

I get gas at SAMS, it's 4.10 or so a gallon right now in Vegas. I also have a mini van, ugh, too much money for gas. I remember the energy crisis, yes Rebecca knows someone who was a teen in the 70's which brings me to hand bags of the 70's which I see now that teens carry the same ones like I had, you know the baggy I can't find anything in them bags that you had to dump all your junk out on the counter to find your money?

I don't know if RL is considered a designer bag or not, I am not a very material person so I don't usually notice what other women are carrying, and I don't waste much time thinking about it I guess. I figure if they bought a fake, they knew it, so why do we care? I am one who buys for function, like it has to be a perfect size, have a place for my phone, be leather, because I like leather, and be black because I like black.