Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fake Handbags

I decided to post this on my blog, but you can find the original blurb on rebeccaford.com. We were out today and again, like a slap in the face, people are carrying these faux purses. I don't have a problem with the fake. Just don't try to tell me it is real...

******
Post from rebeccaford.com:

I will periodically be making comments about the abundance of fake designer purses. For some reason it is a pet-peeve of mine. Of course I have 5 billion OTHER pet peeves which I will also be sharing. As you will see, it's not about the handbag...it's the behavior behind it.
How to spot a fake handbag:
1. If the person with the handbag is applying makeup from Wet & Wild.
2. If the person with the handbag is carrying a Payless Shoe Source bag. If I'm carrying a Fendi bag, I'm going to take my purchase of fine vinyl pumps and put them in my Salvatore Ferragammo shopping bag I bought on eBay for
$4.


******
6.15.08 - Today, I've added a few more:

3. If your nova-check handbag says "BURBERRY'S" and not Burberry. Trust me, it said that! I saw some on ebay, too.
4. You talk about your Louis (as in St. Louis) Vitton bag and how much it cost.
5. You talk about how big the trunk was of car that you bought your Isabella Fiore out of. (Sorry that was very poor sentence structure.)

5 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

Okay, Blake loves that you can spot out a phoney! I think it is awesome. While in Tokyo I spotted the handbag I want. It is Chloe. Are you familiar? I also want the perfume. It was a white glove store and it was only 2-3,000. I will be in search of a bargain.....but not of faux.

Nyla said...

I love your blog! Have I told you that?! You are so funny!
I hate fake's too! I am actually saving up for a designer purse...I have no idea which one I want yet! I just want one! I probably won'tget one with gas prices as high as they are now!

Hollie, I have heard of the Chloe hand bag! Wait for the Nordstrom half yearly women's sale...they are marked down then to only 650!

Unknown said...

humm....I already left my comment on the gas page....

Rebecca said...

Hollie...Chloe is way expensive - it's a couture bag. Greg picked out a Chloe bag for me and then I told him how much it was going to cost. He wigged out. I said I'd love to have a Hermes bag, but I'd need to sell a kidney and one of Greg's, too.

Rebecca said...

Nyla,

Once Hollie comes state-side we will all have to go handbag shopping or at least looking.