Thursday, July 24, 2008

Endo Results


Unfortunately, I cannot remember anything about the procedure...total amnesia, even though I'm conscious??? Okay, whatever. Anyway, the doctor was AWESOME and the GI clinic @ Madigan is 5 stars! Here is what we know. My stoma was very narrow, so he dialated it .3mm. The VBG is completely in tact. In fact, my doctor said it was one of the best he had seen...however, the surgery is a failure, in the fact that I have gained almost all my weight back and have such terrible reflux and having so many incidents of food getting stuck. I will still take responsibility for poor food choices, but I am relieved to know it wasn't 100% my fault. I have several polyps that need to be biopsied, but the doc said those were common and most likely benign. Once the biopsy is back, then I'll meet with general surgery to find out when I can get my stomach fixed. I'll probably go with the gastric bypass. This will stop the reflux. Yeah!!! I hate taking that liquid Prilosec!

Anyway, I'll update in 2 weeks! I feel relieved.

3 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

I am so glad you were pleased with the results and healthcare. I was wondering how it went. I know Greg really doesn't want you to have any surgery or I should say anymore, but I think the bypass is a great option. You have just had way too many problems and I think you are anxious to put it all behind you and more on. Just make a decision together. Let us know how the results of the biopsies turn out.

Rebecca said...

After speaking with the doc, Greg is totally for having the bypass! I don't think he really realized all the problems I was having and having a doctor explain it better to him (without all the emotional stuff - like when I tell him stuff) he understood. Madigan has a surgeon very experienced in revisions. So this might be my answer!

Nyla said...

I am glad you are feeling good about how things went! I was really thinking about you all day! I am so glad you are ok. Keep us posted on your biopsies.